Tuesday, May 23, 2006

stuff i've noticed

I'm not a huge observer, but when I do observe the world around me, this is what I see:

1. Middle-aged people run funny. This is something that I've noticed from several adults that try to run. I'm not saying that I look like a model when I run, but some adults just look so awkward when they run. Like they are in agony as they attempt to keep their ams still as they are getting from one place to the next in a hurry. When they were in their youth I'm sure they knew how to run, but its like they are reverting back to when they were really young and running was an awkward event.

2. My chemistry teacher is cartoon character. Those of you that have seen The Simpsons, keep reading. My teacher is exactly like the science nerd from the show. He even has a nasally voice like the cartoon guy. The only thing he's missing is the glasses, but I think I could arrange it to make him wear glasses. I almost expect my teacher to start yelling "Glavin'" like the science nerd. If he would say that, it would be the happiest day of my life!

3. I'm a terrible Sunday School pupil. So, I was called to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher in my ward and I taught my first lesson last Sunday. I was extremely nervous to teach this class because I don't know a whole lot about the Old Testament. The Sunday before that I even fell asleep in the class! I didn't comment and didn't read the lesson before hand the week before either. Well, ever since teaching yesterday, I realized that I am a terrible pupil for church classes. I did see a girl that was "resting her eyes" during my class, and I had to just laugh to myself because I thought, "if I wasn't teaching the lesson, thats what I would be doing."

4. I'm not very observant. I haven't observed anything else. I'll try and observe more stuff that happens in Idaho so I can write better observations some other time.

8 comments:

dalene said...

Steady girl...I do believe some of your readers are middle-aged. I avoid the running funny thing by not running at all. Is that OK?

And regarding your new calling:

I love poetic justice.

smart alec said...

Hey, I was called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher in my new ward. What a coinsidence. It definitely is different from the front of the class. It scares me even.

Sister Pottymouth said...

I thought of you today while I was at the Exchange Park. I saw a middle-age hospital employee running by and thought to myself, "Hey. Becks was right! He does run funny." How weird is that?

Then my 6-year-old interrupted my reverie by informing a total stranger that "My baby brother just fed your son a French fry. French fries are a food." Really? Sometimes I wonder.

Trisha said...

you are very observant. i think i am willing to take a roadtrip just to meet this chem teacher of yours. he sounds absolutely amazing.

JandB said...

compulsive- i do realize that there are some middle-aged readers here, but when you do see a mid.-aged person running you will notice how funny it is. Don't worry i don't run either.

smart alec- i'm glad someone else has the same scary calling as i do. luckily theres another teacher that i switch off with so i only teach every other week.

julie- i'm not sure that french fries really are food after watching that Supersize Me movie.

blogga- you should take a road trip up here and bring that tall handsome guy from 223rd ward with you! you know who i mean!

Trisha said...

ooer. that would be awkward for me but amazing for you. fabulous idea. maybe i could talk on the phone to someone else the whole way up and he could talk to you... good plan.

smart alec said...

Yes, I teach every week. That's right, every single one (except of course for those wierd Sundays when we are all taught together - male and female).

I also often question the food-ability of the French Fry.

And I sincerly hope that the guy that Trisha "knows" from the 223rd ward happens to be two-tenths Native American. Because if it's not, then it is so not worth the ride up there. I mean, what's a car ride without the guy who's hand modeling dreams have been ruined because of a fast food job?

deb said...

I think she is talking about a certain tennis delight. (nudge nudge, wink wink)