Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Return to Wednesday Top and Bottom Ten

A long time ago I had a feature called Wednesday Top and Bottom Ten, but I only did it a few times. So, since I am sick of studying (I'm only 3 days into the semester), I've decided to start this feature once again.

GOING TO SCHOOL AT BYU-IDAHO

Top Ten

1. It's easier than BYU-Provo.

2. I can say things like "up a crick" without people laughing at me.

3. I'm smart enough to get a scholarship here. As opposed to BYU-Provo, which thunks I'm dum or somethin.

4. Super-fun roommates who I can laugh with till I cry.

5. Playing croquet with my friends Dan and Jessica. We want to form a club because it is such a cool sport.

6. Doing what I like, when I like to do it.

7. Meeting new people.

8. Having bonfires in the wilderness. Not some wussy bonfire, a real one. It is Idaho, there's nobody around to object.

9. Being within walking distance of almost everything in town.

10. Playing Ultimate-Frisbee on an intramural team.

Bottom Ten

1. No free food.

2. No free Rent.

3. No car.

4. Having to wear long pants or skirts on campus. Even in the summer time! No shorts or capris allowed on campus.

5. Seeing the really hick cowboys with their nasty wrangler jeans and huge belt buckles. Where do they come off being skinnier than me!

6. Being away from fun friends in Provo.

7. No good dance studios to take classes at. I suppose I could just teach somewhere if I could find the time.

8. No Provo Fro Yo. The best frozen yogurt in town!

9. Not having a TV in my apartment, so no more being a couch potato. Now I HAVE to spend my time studying.

10. No more competitive all nighters playing "Settler's of Catan" with the family. Its such an addicting game. I believe I'm going through withdrawals.


There you have it! the top and bottom ten reasons for going to school at BYU-Idaho. They aren't in any particular order, except for the first three things in the bottom ten.

4 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

You remind me of "Singin' in the Rain." Whudduhya think Iyam...dum uh sumpthin?

deb said...

I am in the wrong state, going to the wrong school, clearly. Croquet club, bonfires without long haired guys...but I think the one that got to me the most was being able to say "crick". I don't say crick now, but if I did, I would transfer right now.

JandB said...

becca- true, true. but i don't have a car, so when considering my circumstances, it is a very good thing that everything is within walking distance.

Trisha said...

yes. i would agree with most of those things. the bonfires sound like fun. but when is fire not fun?