Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Applications Suck!

I've been looking for a job since I came home in 2005 and I still haven't found one yet and it's 2006. I applied to so many places and was excited that Maurice's called to set up an interview time. I dressed up all nice and everything. I really wanted to work at this clothing store because it's my favorite place to get clothes. So, the girl is interviewing me and I think she was younger than me, which seemed a little wierd. She's asking me some questions about my past jobs, etc. Then she asks "how do you think you will do in a managing positions without previous experience?"

Hold up! Managing position?! I'm thinking to myself, "I thought I was applying for just a regular job?" But of course I can't let this youngin' know that I didn't even know what I was applying for. I mean, who doesn't know what they're applying for? I ended up rambling on about who knows what. Really, I don't even remember, but I know it was despicable!

After the interview she said that if I got the job, they would contact me either Monday or Tuesday. Well its Wednesday, and not a huge surprise that I wasn't contacted.

Luckily, I will be getting a job as a Ballet teacher at my old Dance Studio, and hopefully I will be getting a job at Jamba Juice, but who knows, maybe I will unknowingly be applying for CEO or something else that I won't be aware of until the interview.

3 comments:

mama_aly said...

Practice makes perfect, even with interviews. Besides, that fact that you were even considered for the Manager position is a good sign.

Congratulations on the teaching job and will be crossing my fingers for the "juicing" prospect.

Eric said...

When you become CEO of Jamba Juice, can you get me free smoothies whenever I want?
...I'll take no other answer but yes.

The Amazing Spider-Fan said...

Teriyaki Stix just fired a lot of people. That means they have openings right? I bet you could work there. Just mention my name and you’re in.