Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Idaho Falls Zoo!

Jackson and I headed to the Tautphaus Park Zoo in Idaho Falls the other day. They had just opened the previous Saturday, so we decided to check it out.

It was a lot of fun! Jackson's favorite part was when we went to their petting zoo. He especially loved the goats. The goats would stick their faces to the fence and Jackson would try to touch them. Then, the goats would lick his fingers and Jackson would laugh and giggle every time! I wish I got video of it, but unfortunately I didn't act fast enough. We also were able to see a news crew there doing a story on the zoo. We came just in time for us to see one of the penguins hopping down some stairs and walking around while they filmed. The little penguin was so cute! Jackson wanted to touch it and kept reaching out to it. So Cute. Jackson also finally figured out how to wave while we were at the zoo too. We were looking at the emus and I was waving to it, trying to show Jackson what to do. Then all of a sudden Jackson started waving to it too! Yay! Now, if only we could get him to wave bye-bye to Daddy when he goes to work. Maybe I need to get Jarred an emu costume.

The zoo was just perfect. Not a huge zoo with tons of walking, but just the right size. We only spent about an hour and a half there and we got to see everything and Jackson didn't get cranky! Win Win! I loved it so much that I decided to get a membership there so we can have a lot more adventures at the zoo this summer!


No comments: