Saturday, April 14, 2012

Another Pinterest Creation!

Well, I've made something else from pinterest, and I'm so excited about them! I love them so much and needed to share some pics!



My inspiration for these was this. I thought they turned out so great and a big plus is that they are so EASY! Seriously! My mom came up to visit during her spring break and one night after Jackson went to bed, we made all of these. So here are the supplies:

glass vases
Permenamel Surface Conditioner (I got mine from Amazon,
but you should be able to get it from a craft store like Michaels)
Permenamel Paints (I got this from Michael's. the 2 oz bottles were on
sale for $0.99!)
Paint brush

We cleaned the vases with hot soapy water and dried them completely. Then we poured some surface conditioner in. Its like the consistency of water, so you only need a little bit. We swished it around until all of it was covered and just poured the leftovers back in the bottle. Let this airdry completely. It is alcohol based, so it dries pretty fast. Then add some paint in the bottom and swirl it around, using the paint brush when needed until the entire surface is covered. Most likely you will have too much paint. I let it drip out into a cup as I swirled it around. I also used just the back of a plastic spoon for some of this because it doesn't leave any weird brush strokes. On one of the vases I had the vase drying right side up and as the paint gathered at the bottom, I simply spooned out the excess a couple of times. It worked great. I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable putting water in these for fresh flowers because I didn't use any kind of sealant on the paint. I don't even know if thats available. Some of the vases were a little scary looking on the inside, but they all looked great on the outside! I'm so happy with how this turned out. I feel like my kitchen is ready for spring too!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Can't wait to see them in person.