Saturday, May 03, 2008

Welcome to the Project

To earn some extra cash, my husband and I do dealer trades. A dealer trade is when two dealerships trade cars, making up the difference in price with money, or when a dealership just buys a car from another dealership to sell to its customer. Anyways, they need people to be able to pick up those vehicles when a dealer trade comes up. Thats where we come in. Its a great little side job that helps payoff our car payment. Unfortunately, you never really know when these will come up, and a lot of the time we do them at night. So, the idea of driving up to Bountiful and back at 9 o'clock at night isn't a new thing for me anymore. But, i still need something to keep me awake besides my caffeine loaded coke. The past few months, i have tuned into The Nightside Project on ksl radio (102.7 FM), to keep me awake. Let me tell you, this has really worked! They are funny, political, weird, and only slightly annoying at times. Everyone who has listened to the Nightside Project knows the hosts like to get on their soap boxes and go off on things, but I love it when Ethan and Alex don't agree on a subject and they keep trying to convince the other person that they're view is wrong. Another reason I love this radio show is because they embrace the new technology of the younger generation. If you text into the show, and your text is funny/witty/good enough, then they will read it on the air. Same goes for emailing. Jarred loves to text in to them and he's had his read on the air a couple of times. Anyways, i didn't really have much else to write about and this is all i came up with. Let me know what you think about the Nightside Project with Ethan and Alex. If you haven't listened to it, just tune into 102.7 FM at 7pm monday through friday, take a listen and let me know what you think of it!

5 comments:

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...

Oh my goodness! I keep writing and then deleting my comments because I keep making typos and per our conversation the other day, I'm totally paranoid of misspelling any words! I don't want your wrath!

Anyway, I've never heard of that radio show. I'll have to check it out one of these days.

There, I did it -- hopefully (don't point out any typos or grammar errors even if there are some because I'm sick of redoing this).

M said...

That's cool that they accept texts. I've never gotten through when I've tried calling a radio station. It's probably a good thing though because if they ever did put me on the air I'd put the phone up to the radio and make everyone hear the annoying feedback.

It's about time those Radio DJs got knocked down a peg.

Lois said...

Did Jarred ever serve in the Bakersfield South Stake? If so, does he remember the Shilligs? They're in my ward now.