Sunday, April 16, 2006

New iBook!!!

Yes, it is true, I have bought myself a new laptop, an Apple iBook G4 to be exact. Now I no longer need to constantly be on my little brother's computer in his filthy room, I can now just do as I please in the privacy of my own filthy room. I have been trying to figure out how everything works because this is the first time I have ever had a Mac. So I am a little dumb at things, but hopefully my skills will improve. One thing that I needed to try out immediately, besides itunes, was the DVD player. It is such an important componant to this laptop that even though it was late at night I needed to make sure that the DVD player worked well under the conditions of me being in a comfy bed setting while watching movies. I have found that it works, but just to be safe, I will need to test this again and again.
I guess I just wanted the world to know that I am excited to have a new laptop. Yippee!!!

9 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

Allow me to be the first to say congratulations on your new iBook! Shall we plan a laptop shower? On second thought...nevermind. That sounded nasty.

JandB said...

get your mind out of the gutter! But if you want to just randomly give gifts that would accesories my laptop, go ahead. I'll accept them with open arms

Sister Pottymouth said...

How 'bout a nice comment for your blog?

Niiiiiice.

deb said...

Laptops are super exciting. You really don't realize how much you needed it all your life until you actually own one. (Don't tell anyone but the best part is taking it to class and reading blogs when you should be taking notes and paying attention.) Woot

dalene said...

Sorry. I'm still laughing over Julie's suggestion of a laptop shower.

Congrats. And to catch up on previous blogs--

About speaking in church: I wish you could've been in RS today so you would know that regardless of age or experience or you or the audience, whatever you have to say is relevant and two, hearing it again and again is sort of the whole point. I'm sure you did a fabulous job.

About the "it" factor: It's overrated. You have the "it" factor that counts--you're beautiful, talented, and smart as well as kind and good and righteous.

And I might have information regarding the mysteriously disappearing bulldog mascot suit. But I'll never tell.

Lorien said...

WOOOOO! As a fellow G4 laptop owner (my sweet little 12") I congratulate you. May it always be pretty and silvery. And may Max never throw a rock at it the first week you own it and scratch the screen and the + key.

If you ever need tech support or just want to have someone else caress your new love, just come on over! We're mac people here. (proud owner of 3)

Sister Pottymouth said...

Lorien is offering to "caress your new love"? Sheesh! I thought this was a "family friendly" blog...(hee hee)

Lorien said...

how can you NOT caress something like that? Silvery irresistableness, that's what it is!

JandB said...

its true! i caress this baby every night. its a beautiful thing!