Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So, You Think You Watch Movies?

I decided to put together a little game today to let anyone see if they know movies as well as my roommates and I do. In one column I have put quotes from a variety of movies. In another column there is a list of movies that the quotes come from. See how many you know!

1. "Pinecones!"
2. "Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable, but that's called cannibalism and that's frowned upon in most societies."
3. "But Lloyd, Petey didn't have a head!"
4. "Who is the most beautiful woman in the world, Jacob?"
5. "Prepare to dive!"
6. "The world must be peopled!"
7. "Hi, how are ya?"
8. "Just call me Joe."
9. "We want a shrubbery!"
10. "I like talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about."

A. The Brothers Grimm
B. Ice Age
C. Much Adu About Nothing
D. An Ideal Husband
E. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
F. Down Periscope
G. Sahara
H. You've Got Mail
I. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
J. Dumb and Dumber


I'll put the answers at the bottom of my next post. If you haven't seen any of these movies, I highly recommend them. They are hilarious! Have fun!

10 comments:

Lorien said...

Oooooh! I'll play! But I'm afraid I won't do too well. Here goes--I'll just answer the ones I think I know rather than multiple guess. Oh, and does this count on my grade?

2. e
8. h
9. i

rats. thought I'd do better than that. oh, and I'm guessing on 5. f? I guess I need to watch more movies.

I've got one for you: "Well, ain't this a geographical oddity?"

Anonymous said...

Nice blog becky. How is your computer working? Is it working okay? I am hooked on reading Mat6t's blog too, so I'll start reading yours.

Anonymous said...

1. B
2. E
3. J
4. Who cares, it must be a chick flick
5. F
6. ?
7. A?
8. H
9. I
10. ?

JandB said...

mike, i haven't really tried it. I've just given up on the whole internet thing for my laptop. I figure that i'll be fine and fix it when i come home for thanksgiving or christmas.

by the way, number 4 isn't a chick flick.

Anonymous said...

Then 4 might be A
4. A
I think that when you come home for Thanksgiving you should come run the "Turkey Trot" with Mandy and I. it's a 4 mile run on Thanksgiving morning. I'm going to see if Mat6t wants to run with us too.

JandB said...

FOUR MILES!!! i don't know. I can do 3 miles on an eliptical machine thing, but everybody knows that thats not really running. i'll think about it.

dalene said...

I'm so not playing. I usually wait till movies hit the dollar theatre, but by the time they get there I forget to go see them. I even missed Star Wars and Phantom in the theatre. So my only guess is from one of my favorites: "You've Got Mail" is #8. (OK, I knew the Monty Python one, too, but I've been trying so hard not to quote lines from that movie all week I couldn't admit to it). Oh, and Lorien's has got to be from another favorite, "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

Lorien said...

wooo hooo! bing bing bing bing bing! And Dalene gets the Lorien point. Congratulations. Another great quote from the movie: "No thankyou Everett. A third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without beddin her back down again."

J Rock said...

1. b
2. e
3. j
4. a
5. f
6. c
7. g
8. h
9. i
10. d

but i'm afraid i haven't the foggiest on lorien's second quote

JandB said...

yay for J-Rock! she got them all right!