Saturday, September 10, 2005

Birthday!!!

Today is my birthday and I'm twenty years old. I never thought that I would make it this far. Now I'm only one year away from being able to legally drink. Not that I would go out and buy some beer, but just the fact that I would be able to purchase liquor is quite invigorating.

So, I've been watching the U.S. Open on T.V. and I've come to the conclusion that I need to do something with my life before it's too late. There are so many talented youngsters out there that have already accomplished more in twenty years then I will in my entire life time. Take, for example, the Olympic gymnasts. They're only 16 years old and they already have 3 medals! I don't even have one yet! Then there's those darn actors and actresses. They've got their millions before the age of twenty. I only have like 20 bucks! I'm definitely falling behind in this race that they call life.

I've been thinking of some different ways that I could obtain my medals and millions. There's a store up here in Rexburg that sells trophies and what not. I could go buy a medal that looks like a real gold medal and give it to myself. I would feel a little cheap though. So I thought that I would put together a contest and I could win my medal, but being the lazy person I am, I would have to go out and find people to join in on my contest and I would most likely lose anyway. Then I started thinking about how to get a million dollars because my job at stupid Dominoes is just not getting me the money. There's another place up here that I could sell my plasma at, but I could only do that twice a week and I would only get a whole whopping 40 bucks a week. So it would take me way too long and I would probably be dead before I go a million buckaroos. (People don't say buckaroo enough. It's a funny word and needs to be said more often. I think people should say it at least three times a day because it has been so under used these past decades.) The only other way I could think of to get a million dollars was to start robbing banks. Too bad I don't know anything about robbing banks, except for what I know from the movies. Plus, if I did decide to rob a bank I would most likely get caught and end up making a fool of myself on the hit T.V. show Cops.

I have now come to the conclusion that the world is made up of haves and have nots. Apparently, I'm a have not.

4 comments:

M said...

Yeah, those young successful people got it made...or do they? What they don't show you is that most of those people die before hitting 25. It's true. Just watch Phenomenon. Then tell me what happens, because I've never seen it all the way through.

I believe the world is made up of "haves," "have nots," and "have not done my homework that due tomorrows." Lousy Statistics.

JandB said...

it is pretty cold today and i have a soccer class outside. Where are you two living at? I'm in Kensington. It's an okay place.

JandB said...

Kensington is across the street from the girls dorms. Kinda by the ricks and hinckley buildings. i'm in 104, so if you ever need anything you can come by and see if me or my roommates have it.

M said...

You'd better do what she says. She does play the flute and all. Or is that Rachel? bleh, I don't care anyway.