Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pinterest Stuff

Hello, my name is Becky and I'm addicted to Pinterest.

There is just so much cool stuff on there! Seriously! I am determined to actually make the stuff I pin though. I have found some great recipes and Jarred is liking the new variety in the meals! I'm also really excited about some of the stuff for kids that I find on there. Jackson is a little young for most of it, but in a few months, we will be able to do all sorts of projects and experiments together! I have also made a couple of decorations for my house!

Here is some easter baskets I made. I used those ugly terra cotta pots. I cut some double sided scrap book paper to the size of the rims. glued it to the pots. Then I used the same width for the handles. I glued them to the inside of the pot. Added some green grass and also that flower. Popped some candy eggs inside and I was done! Very easy! Also, I was able to make this whole thing for less than $7!


I also made some cool balls to hang. Well, I've made one so far and I'm still working on the others. I was making these for Valentine's Day, but obviously, I'm a little late. Or really early.

I used some styrofoam balls, sheer fabric, glue gun, rotary cutter, and ribbon.
I cut circles out of the fabric. I used a wide mouth mason jar as my guide.
then I folded the circle in half and put a dot of glue on the middle of the folded edge.
Then I folded it in half again and put another glue dot at the corner.

Then I pressed it onto the ball.
I glued a ribbon onto the ball for hanging. This is what it turned out to look like!

This ball was a 4 inch ball. It took about 200+ circles and about 1.5 yards of fabric. This took forever! It didn't help that my rotary cutter is cheap and didn't cut very well. I'm still in the process of making the red and cream balls. I went to Walmart and got the smaller 2 inch balls, so hopefully it will go faster! Even though this project takes forever, it's not hard. Just a lot of cutting and gluing.

My next big project is to make a busy board for Jackson. it is supposed to look something like this.



1 comment:

Saralyn said...

I had no idea you were so crafty. Way to go! And I'm totally addicted to Pinterest, too. I planned two weeks worth of NEW menus a couple of days ago. The first night Tim said, "You can Pinterest all you want! This is delicious!"