Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catching Up

JARRED: To the very few who may semi-often check our blog, may we apologize for our lack of writing. There are a thousand reasons why we have not posted in over a year. But, really only one that perhaps made it impossible. I forgot our login information! I know what you're thinking, it just goes to whatever email address is on the account. Well, I forgot which address it went to. Turns out it went to an address that Becks hasn't used in quite some time. Needless to say, I finally figured out her old password and was able to retrieve the necessary information to log in and author this post.

The last post written was a venting session over a class that I am very happy to report is over! A lot has happened since last July. Becky's little brother, Matthew, left to serve his mission in San Jose. He has faithfully completed one year of his two year stint. We welcomed a new nephew into the family. Weston, son of Joe and Megan, was born in September 2008. He just had his first birthday, and made it known to all that he thoroughly enjoys birthday cake and blue frosting!

Becky continues to make new born babies cry. This is due to the fact that she is the best medical assistant in Provo! She loves being around the kids, especially the babies! Dancing was a big part of Becky's life while growing up. She has been able to take up her life long hobby once again as she started dancing at the studio where she once was a student and eventually a teacher. She also has followed in her mother's footsteps and started her own piano teaching studio. She enjoys teaching her students, and seeing them progress and become better piano players.

My story has yet to change. I am, and seemingly forever will be a student at UVU. Although, there does seem to be a faint flicker of light at the end of the long, long academic tunnel I call school. I'm hoping to finish my study of communication in the next few semesters. Meanwhile, I am still doing my part to make sure the cars are clean and straight at the car dealership I'm employed at. Right now my time consists of work, school, more work, and finally homework. With the little free time I have, and when I'm not writing blogs, I am cheering on my beloved Cougars. Although I am sad for their loss this past Saturday, I hold out hope that they will rebound and reload. Go Cougars!

Well, there you have it. A brief written summery of our life up until now. We'll try to keep posting!

2 comments:

Lois said...

Oh my goodness. Is this one of the signs of the apocalypse? The Brandts finally update their blog? I'd better look out for locusts.

Of course, Becky is THE BEST piano teacher ever. She rocks!

Good luck with school!

Becca said...

hey hey! it was good to get an update. You should ask Becky if she teaches classes for moms who have never danced before amd want to learn as well as take off a few of those leftover baby pounds. Where is she teaching? Good luck with school! my hub, James, hasn't gotten back into school since we had Grace almost 2 years ago. He tried to get in this semester but was too late, so hopefully come January he will be in school. Which, lets face it, isn't actually something to be excited about. But at lerast people will stop giving us crap for not going to school. Haha. Keep up the blog!