Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wedding Plans

Everyone has heard of the disasters that come with planning a wedding. The dress was left at home, the best man didn't pick up the tuxedos, the bride used sunless tanner and her face was orange, or non of the pictures turned out right. Well, so far with wedding plans for me and jarred, nothing has gone wrong!

We've been going crazy every weekend that i'm in provo to get things done for the wedding and there has been no disasters to speak of! Every picture we've taken has turned out perfectly, my dress fits great (of course i can't gain any weight between now and December 29th), i haven't put on that sunless tanner stuff and i don't plan to, and the decorations are coming along just great. I haven't even been fighting with my mom.

things have gone so smoothly, but i am just waiting for the day when something huge happens, which will probably be the actual wedding day. Since the wedding day is on December 29th, it will probably be a blizzard. Plus, i'll most likely be sick. With this combonation i'll probably get a runny nose and then the snot will freeze as it runs out of my nose. Then, forever more i will be remembered as the frozen snot-nosed bride. of course, this is probably the worst that will happen, but it could still happen. I'm definately going to pack some klenex before i leave for the temple.

Does anyone have some advice for me on the day of the wedding or any kind of advice i would need for planning the wedding? i would love to have other peoples' opinions.

8 comments:

JandB said...

i don't know if you want to say that after i say this...you get to be the one to kiss the snot-nosed bride!

get back to work jarred!

smart alec said...

that is an excellent story. sad of course, but quite the story. Becky, you are almost married and that is cool. the other stuff is just details

deb said...

Well, I have no idea about wedding stuff except for what I have observed from my siblings weddings. Here is my fountain of knowledge for you to behold: Don't make your sister look like a poodle, she won't be happy. And last but not least...use a sponge or wet paper towel to seal the envelopes, unless you like the glue taste. I don't mind the glue taste, but taking cues from Seinfeld, it probably isn't a good idea.

JandB said...

debbie, i don't think we would have too big of a problem with the envelopes because they aren't the cheap kind...or are they. i'll stick to the sponge, just in case.

becca, purple hair! that would make me want to cry! i'm so glad that she got it fixed.

ali, i'm glad that the wedding is close, but it just doesn't seem to be coming soon enough.

jarred, i love having you up in rexburg! its the best! i love you!!!

JandB said...

jarred has connections with the dealership in provo. he was able to take a car that was being traded with a dealer in rigby. so, not only did he get to come up, but we got to ride around in nice cars too! its great! if jarred couldn't do that then there is no way he could come up either.

deb said...

Man, I wouldn't mind having some connections....

Lorien said...

I'm so way behind in blogworld, but in case you don't see it, I did just write a rather long rant in "Being the right kind of wife." And I used however twice in a row. And I could sound really bad if it's not taken in the right spirit or by someone who sort of understands me. no other advice right now. good luck!

dalene said...

Hey--I got married in december (it's a miracle I squoze a wedding in before my birthday and Christmas!). Our pics are great because we were really cold and our cheeks are so bright and the blue sky was so blue. It was perfect!

It's too late for my advice (have the reception the week after the wedding). But the other thing I'd tell you is plan and prepare but when the day comes the most important thing will happen regardless of any mishaps with the florist or the caterer so just relax and enjoy the ride. Anything unplanned will become an excellent story to hand down to posterity, so as I said before...relax and enjoy the ride.