Monday, September 11, 2006

Best Birthday Ever!!!

yesterday was my birthday and i turned 21!!! how weird! but, i am now able to legally drink my favorite beer--Becks Beer. Also, i can go gambling in vegas without being thrown out by security. Thats pretty much the good stuff. But thats not why i had the best birthday ever...
























































on september 10, 2006, my boyfriend, jarred, proposed to me!!!!!!!!
I AM NOW ENGAGED!!!!!!!



jarred took me up to mount timponogas temple to go on a walk and i was a bit suspicious until he asked me when my dad was available during the day to ask his permission. i was a little bummed because he hadn't even asked my dad yet. after one lap around the temple we went to the car and he opened up the trunk and there was a present in there for me.

so we went to a bench to open it. when i did, it was a binder and it said, "happy birthday Becky Lynn" on the front. when i opened the binder, it was a scrap book of our story. he had taken pictures of important parts of our relationship...like where our first date was, where our first kiss was and other things we've done as a couple. there were also fun pictures of us together and words that narrated the page.

Then on the last page there was a picture of the timponogas temple and a poem and at the end of the poem it said, "Will you marry me?" once i had read that, he got down on one knee and formally asked me. of course i said yes! it was so amazing and i am so excited to be married to the man of my dreams!!!!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Becky! We're looking forward to having Jarred in the family. We're so happy for you

Sister Pottymouth said...

WHAT?!?!?!? So how long have you had a boyfriend? I thought you said once, and on this very blog, that you were the quarter-in-the-toilet girl? Sheesh. I feel so deceived. And so stupid that I haven't checked your blog in such a long time....

deb said...

HOLY Crap!!!! Becky is getting married. Wow. I am so pleased. But the sad part of it all is that you will miss out on the Singles ward and happenings thereof. Wait, no, I can fill you in on all that stuff. Man you have it made. Getting married, and get the ins and outs of 223. So, when is the date? Am I invited? I better be. Woot!

JandB said...

julie- yeah, i do remember mentioning that on my blog, but times have changed! i did like that analogy though, but i can't use it anymore.

here's a funny twist to the story: jarred's family is moving into the ward. they are going to be living in the old smith house. sometime in october is when they will start coming to the ward. they are a great family so i think everyone will like them.

smart alec said...

Wowser!! that is super awesome and exciting. Way to go Becky. I better be invited too.

Lorien said...

WOOOO!!!!!

Congrats!

And now you can join the ranks of same-ward-marriages around here. It counts it they live here before you're married, right?

Trisha said...

sorry i have been slacking on the reading blogs front. congrats, my dear. that is awesome. when is the fateful day for you? isn't it disturbingly distracting to be engaged? i just don't pay attention to anything anymore.

JandB said...

being engaged is great, unless you have to wait for 3 more months to get married! i'm getting married on dec. 29th. we're really excited, but it stinks to still have a long distance relationship and that we have to wait for three more months!

Trisha said...

i definitely understand that one. we were going to wait for december 23 but we just couldn't do it. so he moved to provo for me and we are getting married sooner. it is awesome. i feel for you.

JandB said...

the thing with me and jarred is that getting married in december is the earliest choice we have because we're both in school, me in idaho and him in utah! i really wish i could move to utah to just get married sooner though. your a lucky gal bloggatigga!

dalene said...

OK, so I'm a little late in the loop--I just read about it in the ward newsletter. CONGRATS!!!


WAHOO!!!