Monday, July 17, 2006

Pet Peeves

I am an understanding person, most of the time. I do not mind if someone would like to burp out loud, wear funny clothes, or even pick their nose. But, when someone scrapes their shoes along the sidewalk as they travel from place to place, or refuses to fill up an empty or partially empty ice tray, I go insane!

The searing pain that the scraping shoes bring to my ears is like the scratching of fingernails on a chalkboard. It is extremely irritating! People must be lazy because they cannot simply lift their feet a few millimeters to keep their shoes from scraping the ground. If I could get people to stop this asinine habit, it will not only benefit me, but it will help them as well. Not only will they begin their process of not being annoying anymore, but their shoes will last longer.

My other issue is with people that refuse to fill the ice trays after ice has been used. This is laziness in its purest form! It literally only takes five seconds to walk to the sink and fill the empty tray with water. If this simple task is completed, then next time they or someone else wants to quench their thirst with an ice-cold beverage, they can. I hate when I am craving an ice-cold drink and when I pull out the tray I discover that it is empty! Contempt fills my heart as I drink only semi-cold water.

Like I said before, I am an understanding person, but if a person crosses me with either of these two pet peeves, neither they nor I will be happy.

9 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

I'll remember to shuffly my feet next time I see you in the hallways at church. ;-) Or maybe as I go up to play for the choir.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Shuffle. Sorry...

deb said...

shuffly sounds just fine to me. I love cold beverages as well Becks, but we have a million ice trays, so the lack of ice is never a problem. Advice to give? Okay, go to dollar store and buy more ice trays.

Lorien said...

to play for the choir as the pianiss?

Sister Pottymouth said...

Thanks, Lo, but I prefer the term "accompianiss."

Trisha said...

i sometimes do the shuffly business. mostly when i am in my vans. i can't help it in those. i understand about the ice trays. so obnoxious.

JandB said...

trisha, i don't know if we can be friends when you wear you vans then.

julie, i think it will be okay if you shuffle your feet up to the piano, but only if they call you the accompianiss!

debboe, but i don't want to buy more ice trays! our freezer is already full. what to do what to do.

lorien, i don't want to leave you out, but i'm not sure what to say. umm...i hope you have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Tina, EAT the FOOD. You fat lard.

deb said...

how's the school going?